Introduction

          My whole life I've been helping others with "garden works" that said I'm still quite a newbie in this world. The year 2017 is in essence the first year that I, or better said WE, with my best half, have our own little piece of land to work on and with it. It's not much, but enough for us, our needs and for learn how to run this alone. 
         So.... First thing is first, for better understanding our work, our needs and our garden we need to put it on a map, so it's located in Slovenia a country between Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia, it was also part of EX Yugoslavia. As said we are located in Slovenia near the coast, we have a beautiful view of the Adriatic sea and many times we have an not so beautiful wind called Bora.
          Since this is my first post on this blog I feel a need to present my idea of what I will write about. It will be dedicated, to our garden, our learning and our mistakes, a part will also be dedicated to mushrooms and picking them, since I'm a chillihead I'll write about chillies and recepies with them, maybe present some idea's for sauces and many more, will see when the summer will bring :)
          It's already June, so we are in middle of the year,  and lots of work was already done, almost all vegetables are already planted and are already growing, flowering etc. This year we planted various types of tomatoes, chillies, paprika, brassicas, garlic, onions, patatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, beans,... Various types of aromatic an spice plants, some flowers and some shrubs, also can't forget fruit trees.  The work began in autumn when we dug the whole garden so the soil can freeze, with that it gets softer, so it's easier to farm later, also roots have more ways to grow. When soil is exposed to low temperatures, if we have luck even freezing temperatures, roots of unwanted weed gets destroyed with them many bacteria and unwanted insects dies. 
          After that until January we almost don't have any work in garden. In Further posts I will write about seeds spring up, about transplanting, and planting, about our irrigation system and many more, we also find first mushrooms, maybe I will dedicate a post to them. 
          As said I'm a newbie, I, well we, must learn a lot of things, so we are making and we will make a lot of mistakes, so feel free, to comment, help us fix our mistakes and maybe someone will learn something or get some ideas. I think, that if you can read until this sentence my English, isn't so, so, so, so bad. I know I'm making many mistakes, but I'm giving my best!
                                                                                                                                  ...Until next time ...

     Amanita pantherina

An old photo form April of patatoes, we already ate them :P


 My little greenhouse 3x4m ( 9,8 x 13 feet ) Picture taken in March

 Narcissus sp.

 Crocus sativus - picture from February

 Our stupid dog 3:) 
 Still him
 In the woods we can also find asparagus

Commenti

Post più popolari